We will be using SpellingCity.com for spelling. You can access our weekly lists from this site as well as take practice tests and practice the spelling patterns with games and activities. We will take our weekly tests on this site each Friday. You can also print handwriting practice sheets with the words in print or cursive. Your child has a login for this website. The password for all is SAFARI03.
In addition to our weekly spelling lists which follow a specific spelling pattern, your child will also have a differentiated, individual spelling Word Sorts. This will be based on individual spelling assessments completed in the beginning of the year. We will start the Word Sorts on the second full week of school and continue with activities on each student's words during Daily 5 Word Work.
Below are a few quick links with Spelling information and practice.
Word Study Work Station/Centers
excellent for spelling practice!
Your child has a red zipper pouch in their binder with their word sorts for each week.
Some of the word lists we use are:
- Words Their Way Primary Spelling Inventory
- Words Their Way Advanced Elementary Spelling List
- Fry 300 instant sight word list
- Saxon Phonics Grade 3 sight/frequency word list 1 and 2
- Sitton Spelling 1200 Core Word list
- Scholastic's list of the most common prefixes and suffixes that children need to know.(When the link opens......you will need to select the PDF file of the common prefixes and suffixes and it will open separately from the site)